(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, July 16, 2023

July 16 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship

Morning breaks at St. Paul's
 
Jim & Joey offer fellowship treats to one and all

Great time for fellowship!

Seventh Sunday after Pentecost
(Video link for today's service)

Today’s Meditation Verse: “The Son is the image of the invisible God, the One who is first over all creation....” —Colossians 1:15

Welcome...Pastor Charles

Prelude...Hyeji Park / “Here I Am to Worship,” arranged by Tim Hughes

*Call to Worship (Psalm 119:105-112, NKJV)...Joey Vander Vorste

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn and confirmed that I will keep Your righteous judgments. 

I am afflicted very much; revive me, O LORD, according to Your word. Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me Your judgments. 

My life is continually in my hand, yet I do not forget Your law. The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I have not strayed from Your precepts. 

Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart. I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes Forever, to the very end. 

*Hymn...“God, Whose Love is Reigning o’er Us” (UMH #100)

God Asks Us to...Open the Box...Joey Vander Vorste

Don’t limit my being; untie the ribbon. Don’t restrict my presence; remove the lid. Don’t be afraid to see what I am; let me sit in your hands. Don’t keep me quiet; let me use your voice. Don’t lead me in your ways; let me guide you in our journey. Don’t harden your hearts; let me grow in you and transform your life. Open the box you keep me in; let me open your life. —Reprinted by permission of the publisher from Before the Amen, Maren C. Tirabassi and Maria I. Tirabassi, eds. © 2007. The Pilgrim Press.

Community prayer requests, concerns, and celebration / Pastoral Prayer / The Lord’s Prayer...Pastor Charles

Epistle Lesson: Romans 8:1-11...Joey Vander Vorste

Summer Music...Hyeji Park / “Crown Him with Many Crowns,”                 arranged by George J. Elvey

Gospel Lesson: Luke 15:4-10...Pastor Charles

This is the Word of God for the people of God. Thanks be to God.

Sermon...Pastor Charles / “A pocketful of change”

*Hymn...“Every Time I Feel the Spirit” (UMH #404)

*Words for the Journey...Pastor Charles

Postlude...Hyeji Park / “I Sing the Mighty Power of God,” from Gesangbuch der Herzogl

No comments:

Post a Comment