(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Friday, February 19, 2021

Devotional for February 19

Today's cross: Made from clothes pins, it was found by the Alkulas at a craft fair in 
Crosby, Minnesota in 2009.


Charles Wesley, 1743

O THOU, whom once they flocked to hear!
Thy words to hear, thy power to feel!
Suffer the sinners to draw near,
And graciously receive us still.

They that be whole, thyself hast said,
No need of a physician have;
But I am sick, and want thine aid,
And want thine utmost pow’r to save.

Thy power, and truth, and love divine,
The same from age to age endure;
A word, a gracious word of thine,
The most invet’rate plague can cure.

Helpless howe’er my spirit lies,
And long hath languish’d at the pool,
A word of thine shall make me rise,
And speak me in a moment whole.

Eighteen, or eight and thirty, years,
Or thousands, are alike to thee;
Soon as thy saving grace appears,
My plague is gone, my heart is free.

Make this the acceptable hour!
Come, O my souls physician, thou!
Display thy sanctifying pow’r,
And show me thy salvation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment