(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Devotional for the First Sunday in Lent

Ceramic cross

Today's cross: This ceramic cross was made in Guatemala and bought by Pastor Charles in an art gallery in Whitefish, Montana in 2018.

Isaac Watts


KIND is the speech of Christ our Lord,
Affection sounds in every word,
“Thou art my chosen one,” he cries,
“Bound to my heart by sacred ties.”

“Sweet is thy voice, my spouse, to me;
“I will behold no spot in thee.”
What mighty wonders love performs,
That puts a comeliness on worms.

Defil’d and loathsome as we are,
He mak’st us white, and call’st us fair;
Adorns us with that heav’nly dress,
Thy graces and his righteousness.

Nor dens of prey, nor flowery plains,
Nor earthly joys, nor earthly pains,
Shall hold my feet or force my stay
From thee: come, Saviour, come away.

O may my spirit daily rise,
On wings of faith above the skies!,
‘Till death shall make my last remove,
To dwell for ever with my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment