(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Saturday, May 1, 2021

May is Asian American Pacific Islander Month: This is My Story, This is My Song


This is My Story, This is My Song - 
May 29 @ 9:30 AM - Register at this link


Dear Members of the Mountain Sky Family,

It is ironic, that as a clergy person with years of preaching, I still find it incredibly difficult to express my thoughts coherently, whether verbally or written. Those who know me know that I do not find it difficult to be vulnerable. The difficulty lies in the fact that I often find my thoughts bumbling and jumbling all over the place within my mind.

I am a woman, daughter, sister, wife, mother, and clergy person. I am Christian, United Methodist. I am Asian American. I am a beloved child of God. I am the daughter of parents who escaped Vietnam known as ‘boat people’. I was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am Vietnamese American. There are so many intersections within my being and often it is deeply rich, yet other times it is overwhelming and confusing. I am still learning and discovering who I am; and I am okay with that. In addition to all I have shared above, I am grateful and humbled to serve as the Mountain Sky Conference’s Multicultural and Advocacy Ministries Developer. And I am sorry. I confess that I do not have a list of resources to share, how-tos, or a statement to make at the moment. My invitation to us is to simply ‘turn towards one another.’

Read more at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment