(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, July 25, 2021

July 25 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship





9th Sunday after Pentecost

Today’s Meditation Verse: “I ask that you’ll know the love of Christ that is beyond knowledge so that you will be filled entirely with the fullness of God.” —Ephesians 3:19 

Welcome...Pastor Charles 

Prelude…Lorie Courier / “Brethren, We Have Met to Worship” 

Call to Worship (Psalm 14:2 & 7 CEB)...Rebecca Glancy  

The Lord looks down from heaven on humans to see if anyone is wise, to see if anyone seeks God, Let Israel’s salvation come out of Zion! When the Lord changes the people’s circumstances for the better, Jacob will rejoice; Israel will celebrate! 

Hymn“When Morning Gilds the Skies” (UMH #185) 

Litany from the Inside*...Rebecca Glancy 

Love me from the inside out God. Take the thoughts I hide deep inside and burn them with Your purifying fire. Love me from the inside out, God. Take the root of my mistrust and deaden their hold on my life. Love me from the inside out, God. Take the thoughts that run freely in my mind and trap them in Your grace. Love me from the inside out, God. Take the hope You have planted in me and nourish it with the support of the church. Love me from the inside out, God. Take the gift of the Spirit living in me and ignite Your love to lead me to Your service. Love me from the inside out, God. Take Your love in me and let it infuse my living. Love me from the inside out, God.

Reprinted by permission of the publisher from Before the Amen, eds. Maria I. Tirabassi and Maren C. Tirabassi. © 2007 The Pilgrim Press

Offering/Doxology 

Community prayer requests, concerns, and celebrations... Pastor Charles will read prayer requests written on index cards. If you have a prayer request to share aloud, please hand your index card to the usher. 

Moment of Silence and Reflection Pastoral Prayer / The Lord’s Prayer...Pastor Charles 

Gospel Lesson: John 6:1-13 ...Rebecca Glancy 

Special Music...Lorie Courier & Ron Revier / “Be Thou My Vision” 

Second Lesson: Sirach 51:1-5, 13-30...Pastor Charles                                                            Pastor: This is the Word of God for the people of God. People: Thanks be to God. 

Sermon...Pastor Charles / “How much does wisdom cost?” 

Hymn for the Journey...“Spirit Song” (UMH #347) 

Words for the Journey...Pastor Charles 

Postlude...Lorie Courier / “When We All Get to Heaven”                             

No comments:

Post a Comment