(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, February 6, 2022

February 6 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship

Fifth Sunday after the Epiphany

Today’s Meditation Verse: "Brothers and sisters, I want to call your attention to the good news that I preached to you, which you also received and which you stand.”                         1 Corinthians 15:1

Welcome …Pastor Charles                

Prelude: “Morning Has Broken” Lorie Courier

Call to Worship (Psalm 138, CEB ) ... Pastor Charles (Leader) and Amy Abshire (People) 

Leader: I give thanks to You with all my heart, Lord. I sing Your praise before all other gods.

People: I bow toward Your holy temple and thank Your name for Your loyal love and faithfulness because You have made Your name and word greater than everything else. 

Leader: On the day I cried out, You answered me. You encouraged me with inner strength.                                     

People: Let all the earth’s rulers give thanks to You, Lord, when they hear what You say.

Leader: Let them sing about the Lord’s ways because the Lord’s glory is so great!

People: Even though the Lord is high, God can still see the lowly, but God keeps distance from the arrogant

Leader: Whenever I am in deep trouble, You make me live again; You send Your power against my enemies’ wrath; You save me with Your strong hand.

People: The Lord will do all this for my sake. Your faithful love lasts forever, Lord! Don’t let go of what Your hands have made.

Hymn: “There’s A Wideness in God’s Mercy”


Prayer after the Epiphany … Amy Abshire

 

Eternal Light, shine into our hearts. Eternal Goodness, deliver us from evil. Eternal Power, be our support. Eternal Wisdom, scatter the darkness of our ignorance. Eternal Pity, have mercy upon us. That with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength we may seek Your face and be brought by Your infinite mercy to Your holy presence; Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. - Alcuin of York, England, 8th Cent.


Community prayer joys, concerns, and celebrations…Pastor Charles  

Pastoral Prayer…Pastor Charles 


First Lesson: Isaiah 6:1-8 … Amy Abshire


Musical Offering: “Peace Song”Chancel Choir


Gospel Lesson: Luke 5:1-11 … Pastor Charles                                                     

Sermon: “Leaning into the call" Pastor Charles


Communion / The Lord’s Prayer  


Hymn: “Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross”


Words for the Journey… Pastor Charles 

Postlude: “It Is Well with My Soul” … Louise Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment