(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, May 1, 2022

May 1 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship

 

Third Sunday of Easter / Native American Ministries Sunday

Today’s Meditation Verse: “Go! This man is the agent I have chosen to carry my name before Gentiles, kings, and Israelites.” –Acts 9:15

Welcome… Pastor Charles                

Prelude… Louise Cook / “Morning Has Broken”

Call to Worship (Psalm 30:4)... Pastor Charles (Leader) and Amy Abshire (People)

Leader: You who are faithful to the Lord, sing praise to God;

People: Give thanks to God’s holy name!


Hymn: “Easter People, Raise Your Voices” (UMH #304)

The Twenty Third Psalm (A Native American Version)... Amy Abshire


The GREAT FATHER above a SHEPHERD CHIEF is. 
I am His and with Him I want not. He throws out to me a rope and the name of the rope is love and He draws me to where the grass is green and the water is not dangerous, and I eat and lie down and am satisfied. Sometimes my heart is very weak and falls down, but He lifts me up again and draws me into a good road.
His name is WONDERFUL. Someday, it may be very soon, it may be a long, long time, He will draw me into a valley. It is dark there, but I'll be afraid not, for it is between those mountains that the SHEPHERD CHIEF will meet me and the hunger that I have in my heart all through life will be satisfied. Sometimes he makes the love rope into a whip, but afterwards He gives a staff to lean upon. He spreads a table before me with all kinds of foods. He put His hand upon my head and all the "tired" is gone. My cup he fills till it runs over. What I tell is true. I lie not. These roads that are "away ahead" will stay with me through this life and after; and afterwards, I will go to live in the Big Teepee and sit down with the SHEPHERD CHIEF forever.

–From the West Michigan Conference, January 2010

 

Community prayer joys, concerns, and celebrations…Pastor Charles  

Pastoral Prayer…Pastor Charles 


First Lesson: Revelation 1:4-8… Amy Abshire                                                                                                                        

Musical Offering… Louise Cook / “I Love You, Lord”


Second Lesson: Revelation 5:11-14…Pastor Charles                                                  

Sermon: “Blessing, honor, glory, power”...Pastor Charles

The Great Thanksgiving for Native American Ministries Sunday 


The Lord’s Prayer/Receiving Together

Words for the Journey... Pastor Charles 

Postlude… Alpha & Omega / “This Is the Day”

No comments:

Post a Comment