(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, July 24, 2022

July 24 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship

Donations for EFAA represent our donations
The Zoom setup @ St. Paul's!
Wende Harston & Hank troy offer their gift
Pastor Charles shares the sermon

Seventh Sunday after Pentecost

Today’s Meditation Verse: “So live in Christ Jesus the Lord in the same way as you received Him.” —Colossians 2:6

Welcome... Pastor Charles

Prelude... Hank Troy & Wende Harston / “Do, Lord”

*Call to Worship (Psalm 14:2 & 7 CEB)...Amy Abshire
The Lord looks down from heaven on humans to see if anyone is wise, to see if anyone seeks God, Let Israel’s salvation come out of Zion! When the Lord changes the people’s circumstances for the better, Jacob will rejoice; Israel will celebrate!

*Hymn... “We Are God’s People” (TFWS #2220)

Litany from the inside... Amy Abshire

Love me from the inside out God. Take the thoughts I hide deep inside and burn them with Your purifying fire. Love me from the inside out, God.
Take the root of my mistrust and deaden their hold on my life.
Love me from the inside out, God.
Take the thoughts that run freely in my mind and trap them in Your grace.
Love me from the inside out, God.
Take the hope You have planted in me and nourish it with the support of the church. Love me from the inside out, God.
Take the gift of the Spirit living in me and ignite Your love to lead me to Your service. Love me from the inside out, God.
Take Your love in me and let it infuse my living. Love me from the inside out, God.
—Reprinted by permission of the publisher from Before the Amen, Maria I. Tirabassi and Maren C. Tirabassi, eds.  © 2007 The Pilgrim Press.

*Offering/Doxology
Community prayer requests, concerns, and celebrations
Pastoral Prayer / The Lord’s Prayer... Pastor Charles

Special Music... Hank Troy & Wende Harston / “This Little Light of Mine & Glory, Glory”

Gospel Lesson: John 8:1-11...Pastor Charles
This is the Word of God for the people of God. Thanks be to God.

Sermon... Pastor Charles / “The new ump”

*Hymn... “Spirit Song” (UMH #347)

*Words for the Journey... Pastor Charles

*Postlude... Hank Troy & Wende Harston / “When the Saints go Marching In”

No comments:

Post a Comment