(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Wednesday with the Wesleys


"I observed many years ago, "It is hard to find words in the language of [human beings], to explain the deep things of God. Indeed there are none that will adequately express what the Spirit of God works in his children. But perhaps one might say, (desiring any who are taught of God, to correct, soften, or strengthen the expression,) By the testimony of the Spirit, I mean, an inward impression on the soul whereby the Spirit of God immediately and directly witnesses to my spirit, that I am a child of God; that Jesus Christ hath loved me, and given himself for me; that all my sins are blotted out, and I, even I, am reconciled to God."

~ John Wesley (The Witness of the Spirit II)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment