(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, January 30, 2022

January 30 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship

Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany 

Today’s Meditation Verse: “You sin against Christ if you sin against your brothers and sisters and hurt their weak consciences this way.” 

– I Corinthians 8:12

Welcome…Pastor Charles                

Prelude “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee” performed by Suzanne Polacek and Carol Revier

Call to Worship (Psalm 71:14b-19)...Pastor Charles (Leader) and Joey Vander Vorste (People)


Leader: I will hope. Always. I will add to all Your praise.

People: My mouth will repeat Your righteous acts and Your saving deeds all day long.

Leader: I don’t even know how many of those there are!  I will dwell on Your mighty acts, my Lord. Lord, I will help others remember nothing but Your righteous deeds.

People: You’ve taught me since my youth, God, and I’m still proclaiming Your wondrous deeds!

Leader: So, even in my old age with gray hair, don’t abandon me, God!

People: Not until I tell generations about Your mighty arm, tell all who are yet to come about Your strength, and about Your ultimate righteousness, God, because You’ve done awesome things!

               

Hymn“Great is Thy Faithfulness”

                                  

Prayer of Confession...Pastor Charles (Leader) and Joey Vander Vorste (People)

 

If we say we are completely put together, the truth is not in us. But if we confess our distractions, our errors, and our anxieties, God will meet us and renew us.           

Before God and God’s people, I confess that I have been reluctant to speak out clearly, naming the injustice I see and declaring God’s vision. Before God and one another, we confess our reluctance to receive our calling as God’s people, made by God and chosen as witnesses to God’s dream of justice and joy. Remind me, God, that You have made me for Your service and recharge me with Your Word. Renew us, God.  Grant us courage to live out Your Way of peace and grace. We ask it in Jesus’ name; Amen.

God has promised that whenever we repent and seek a new union with God, forgiveness is ours. That promise comes true now. Sisters and brothers, know that in Christ Jesus, we are forgiven.

Thanks be to God! Amen. 

– Church of Christ’s Worship Ways Archive http://www.ucc.org/

 

Community prayer requests, concerns, and celebrations…Pastor Charles     Pastoral Prayer / The Lord’s Prayer… Pastor Charles                                                                                      

First Lesson: Jeremiah 1:4-10… Joey Vander Vorste              

 

Musical offering “Walk as a Child of the Light”

performed by the Jubilate Ringers

 

Epistle Lesson: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13… Pastor Charles                                                                           

Sermon: “The greatest of these”... Pastor Charles

Hymn“The Gift of Love”

Words for the Journey… Pastor Charles              

Postlude “God of Grace and God of Glory” performed by Hannah Gu

No comments:

Post a Comment