(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Monday, April 11, 2022

A guide for living


The following was shared at Skippy Rollin's memorial service on April 9 and is offered here as a Holy Week reminder of all that she shared with us on this journey of faith:

I will try tomorrow to live a simple, sincere, and serene life, repelling promptly every thought of discontent, anxiety, discouragement, impurity, and self-seeking; instead, cultivating cheerfulness, charity and the habit of holy silence; exercising economy in expenditure; generosity in giving, carefulness in conversation, fidelity to every trust, and a child-like faith in God. 

I will try to be faithful in those habits of prayer, work, study, physical exercise, eating, and sleeping which I believe the Holy Spirit has shown me to be right. 

And as I cannot do this in my own strength, or even with a hope of success, attempt it, I look to thee, O God my father, and thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment