(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Wednesdays with the Wesleys


"I do indeed rejoice in my sons ... You’ll pardon the fondness of a mother if I exceed in commending them, but I’ve known few (if any) that have labored more diligently and unweariedly in the service of our dear Lord: and blessed be his great name, he hath set his seal to their ministry and hath made them instrumental in bringing many souls to God. And tho in the eyes of the world they appear despicable, men of no estate or figure, and daily suffer contempt, reproach, and shame among men, yet to me they appear more honorable, than they would do if the one were Archbishop of Canterbury and the other of York for I esteem the reproach of Christ greater riches, than all the treasures in England."

~ Susanna Wesley (1 July 1741 letter to the Countess of Huntingdon)

No comments:

Post a Comment