(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, October 15, 2023

October 15 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship

The leaves are changing all around us
Orthodoxy class underway
Fellowship is fun!

Great conversations

Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost

Today’s Meditation Verse: “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding party for his son. ... Many people are invited, but few people are chosen.” —Matthew 22:2, 14

Welcome...Pastor Charles

Prelude...Louise Cook / “God of Wonders,” arranged by Robert Hughes

*Call to Worship (Psalm 106:1-6, CEB)...Tim Cook

Praise the LORD! Give thanks to the LORD because God is good, because the Lord’s faithful love endures forever. Who could possibly repeat all of the LORD’s mighty acts or publicly recount all God’s praise? The people who uphold justice, who always do what is right, are truly happy! Remember me, LORD, with the favor You show Your people. Visit me with Your saving help so I can experience the good things Your chosen ones experience, so I can rejoice in the joy of Your nation, so I can praise along with Your possession.

*Hymn...“Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart” (UMH #160)

For God’s Gifts (UMH #489)...Tim Cook

O Holy God, open unto me light for my darkness, courage for my fear, hope for my despair. O loving God, open unto me wisdom for my confusion, forgiveness for my sins, love for my hate. O God of peace, open unto me peace for my turmoil, joy for my sorrow, strength for my weakness. O generous God, open my heart to receive all Your gifts. Amen.

Community prayer requests, concerns, and celebrations                               Pastoral Prayer / The Lord’s Prayer...Pastor Charles

Epistle Lesson: Philippians 4:10-13...Tim Cook

Bell Quartet...Kathy Lloyd, Suzanne Polacek, Louise Cook, Myrle Myers / “Give Thanks,” arranged by Patricia Sanders Coat

Epistle Lesson: Philippians 4:1-9...Pastor Charles

This is the Word of God for the people of God. Thanks be to God.

Sermon...Pastor Charles / “What are you thinking about?”

*Hymn...“Go Forth For God” (UMH #670)

*Words for the Journey...Pastor Charles

Postlude...Louise Cook / “Ev’ry Time I Feel the Spirit,” arranged by Dan Fox 

No comments:

Post a Comment