(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Devotional for Ash Wednesday


Saviour from sin, I wait to prove    

That Jesus is thy healing name; 

To lose, when perfected in love,  

Whate’er I have, or can, or am:

I stay me on thy faithful word,

The servant shall be as his Lord.

 

Didst thou not in flesh appear,

Sin to condemn, and man to save?

That perfect love might cast out fear?

That I thy mind in me might have?

In holiness show forth thy praise,

And serve thee all my happy days?

 

Didst thou not die that I might live

No longer to myself, but thee?

Might body, soul, and spirit give

To Him who gave himself for me?

Come then, my Master and my God,

Now take the purchase of thy blood.



Hymns for the Use of the Methodist Episcopal Church: With Tunes for Congregational Worship (1857, Carlton and Porter, New York).

No comments:

Post a Comment