(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Devotional for February 28

Are there not in the labourer’s day

Twelve hours, in which he may safely

may His calling’s work pursue?

Though sin and Satan still are near,

Nor sin nor Satan can I fear,

With Jesus in my view.

 

Light of the world! thy beams I bless;

On thee, bright Son of righteousness,

My faith hath fix’d its eye;

Guided by thee, through all I go,

Nor fear the rain, spread below,

For thou art always nigh.

 

Ten thousand snares my paths beset,

Yet will I, Lord, the work complete,

Which though to me hast given;

Regardless of the pains I feel,

Close by the gates of death and hell,

I urge my way to heaven.

 

Hymns for the Use of the Methodist Episcopal Church: With Tunes for Congregational Worship (1857, Carlton and Porter, New York).

No comments:

Post a Comment