(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Devotional for February 27


O may I still from sin depart;

A wise and understanding heart,

Jesus, to me be given:

And let me through thy Spirit know

To glorify my God below,

And find my way to heaven.


There as our God we too would claim,

And bless the Saviour’s precious name,

Through whom this grace is given;

He forms their ruin’d souls anew,

And makes them heirs of heaven.

 

The veil that hides thy glory rend,

And here in saving power descend,

And fix thy blest abode;

Here to our hearts thyself reveal,

And let each waiting spirit feel

The presence of our God.



Hymns for the Use of the Methodist Episcopal Church: With Tunes for Congregational Worship (1857, Carlton and Porter, New York).

No comments:

Post a Comment