(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Devotional for March 27

 Today's cross: A pewter cross resting on Delabole Slate 
from St. Endellion Church, Cornwall.


Anonymous

YET must I, Lord, to thee complain,

The world hath made thy offer vain;

Too busy or too happy they,
All taken up by thee?
They will not, Lord, thy call obey.,

 

“Go, then,” my injur’d Master said,
“Since these on all my mercies tread,
“Invite the rich and great no more,
“But preach my Gospel to the poor.

“Confer not thou with flesh and blood,
“Go quickly forth, invite the crowd:
“Search every lane, and every street,
“And bring in all the souls you meet.”

Sinner, my gracious Lord receives
Harlots, and publicans, and thieves,
Drunkards, and all ye wicked crew,
I have a message now for you.

Ye vagrant souls, on you I call,
O that my voice could reach you all!
Ye all are freely justified,
Ye all may live, for Christ hath died.

Ye who believe his record true,
Shall sup with him, and he with you;
Come to the feast, be sav’d from sin,
For Jesus waits to take you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment