(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Monday, March 8, 2021

Devotional for March 8

 

Today's cross: A pewter cross rests on a small magnifying glass.




Charles Wesley


AND wilt thou yet be found?
And may I still draw near?
Then listen to the plaintive sound
Of a poor sinner's prayer.

Jesus, thine aid afford,
If still the same thou art:
to thee I look, to thee, my Lord,- 
I lift my helpless heart.

Thou seest my troubled breast,
The struggles of my will;
The foes that interrupt my rest,
And not my God alone.

The daily death I prove,
Saviour, to thee is known;
‘Tis worse than death my God to love,
And bid the tempest cease.

O my offended Lord,
Restore my inward peace,
I know thou canst; - pronounce the word,
And bid the tempest cease.

I long to see thy face,
Thy Spirit I implore,
The living water of thy grace,
That I may thirst no more.

 

Ah! what avails my strife,
My wand’ring to and fro?
Thou hast the words of endless life,
Ah! whither should I go?            

Lord, at thy feet I fall,
I groan to be set free;
I fain would no obey thy call,
And give up all for thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment