(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, March 19, 2023

March 19 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship

 
Flowers from the Vander Vorstes

Amy, Louise, Suzanne, Myrle, & Kathy

Hyeji Park offers the postlude

Fellowship fun!

View today's worship service at this link.

Today’s Meditation Verse: “God doesn’t look at things like humans do. Humans see only what is visible to the eyes, but the LORD sees into the heart.” —1 Samuel 16:7

Welcome... Pastor Charles

Prelude... Hyeji Park / “Nearer My God To Thee,” arranged by Michael Bailey

*Call to Worship (Psalm 23, CEB)... Joey Vander Vorste
The LORD is my shepherd. I lack nothing. He lets me rest in grassy meadows; he leads me to restful waters; he keeps me alive. He guides me in proper paths for the sake of his good name. Even when I walk through the darkest   valley, I fear no danger because you are with me. Your rod and your staff— they protect me. You set a table for me right in front of my enemies. You bathe my head in oil; my cup is so full it spills over! Yes, goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the LORD’s house as long as I live.

*Hymn... “Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us” (UMH #381)

Prayer of Confession (Book of Worship #482)... Joey Vander Vorste

Lord Jesus Christ, You are the way of peace. Come into the brokenness of our lives and our land with Your healing love. Help us to be willing to bow before You in true repentance and to bow to one another in real forgiveness. By the fire of Your Holy Spirit, melt our hard hearts, consume the pride and prejudice which separate us. Fill us, O Lord, with Your perfect love, which casts out our fear, and bind us together in that unity which You share with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Community prayer requests, concerns, and celebrations
Pastoral Prayer / The Lord’s Prayer... Pastor Charles

Epistle Lesson: Ephesians 5:8-14... Joey Vander Vorste

Bell Quintet... “Grace,” arranged by Bill Ingram

Second Lesson: 1 Samuel 16:1-13... Pastor Charles
This is the Word of God for the people of God. Thanks be to God.

Sermon... Pastor Charles / “What do you look like?”

*Hymn... “Take My Life, and Let it Be” (UMH #399)

*Words for the Journey... Pastor Charles

Postlude... Hyeji Park / “Fairest Lord Jesus,” arranged by Susan W. Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment