(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Sunday, May 7, 2023

May 7 @ St. Paul's UMC: Worship

 





Fifth Sunday of Easter

Today’s Meditation Verse: “Stephen said, ‘Look! I can see heaven on display and the Human One standing on God’s right side!’” —Acts 7:56 

Welcome... Pastor Charles 

Prelude… Lorie Courier / “To God Be the Glory,” arranged by Lloyd Larsen 

*Call to Worship (Psalm 30:1-4)...Amy Abshire 

I will extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up, and did not let my foes rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and You healed me. O Lord, You brought up my soul from Sheol, Restored me to life from among those gone down to the pit. You who are faithful to the Lord, sing praise to God; Give thanks to God’s holy name! 

*Hymn… “We Are the Church” (TFWS #2220) 

A Prayer for Holiness of Heart (by Howard Thurman, #401)... Amy Abshire

Lord, I want to be more holy in my heart. Here is the citadel of all my desiring, where my hopes are born and all the deep resolutions of my spirit take wings. In this center, my fears are nourished, and all my hates are nurtured. Here my loves are cherished, and all the deep hungers of my spirit are honored without quivering and without shock. In my heart, above all else, let love and integrity envelop me until my love is perfected and the last vestige of my desiring is no longer in conflict with Thy Spirit. Lord, I want to be more holy in my heart. Amen. Community prayer requests, concerns, and celebrations Please wait for the usher to bring you a microphone so that all in the congregation will be able to hear your prayer clearly. 

Pastoral Prayer... Pastor Charles 

Gospel Lesson: John 14:1-14... Amy Abshire 

Bell Anthem... “You Raise Me Up,” arranged by Sandra Eithun 

Epistle Lesson: 1 Peter 2:2-10... Pastor Charles 

This is the Word of God for the people of God. Thanks be to God.

Sermon... Pastor Charles / “Living stones, living people” 

Communion / The Lord’s Prayer (UMH pg. 9) 

*Hymn… “When We All Get to Heaven” (UMH #701) 

*Words for the Journey... Pastor Charles P

Postlude... Lorie Courier / “I Will Sing,” arranged by John F. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment