(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Devotional for March 16

O God, thou art my God alone;

Early to thee my soul shall cry;

A pilgrim in a land unknown,

A thirsty land, whose springs are dry.

 

Thee, in the watches of the night,

When I remember on my bed,

Thy presence makes the darkness light;

Thy guardian wings are round my head.

 

Better than life itself, thy love;

Dearer than all beside me;

For whom have I in heaven above,

Or what on earth, compared with thee?

 

Praise with heart, my mind, my voice,

For all thy mercy I will give;

My soul shall still in God rejoice,

My tongue shall bless thee while I live.



Hymns for the Use of the Methodist Episcopal Church: With Tunes for Congregational Worship (1857, Carlton and Porter, New York).

No comments:

Post a Comment