(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Monday, March 4, 2024

Devotional for March 4

Far from my thoughts, vain world be gone,

Let my religious hours alone;

Fain would mine eyes my Saviour see,

I wait a visit, Lord, from thee.

 

O warm my heart with holy fire,

And kindle there a pure desire:

Come, sacred Spirit, from above,

And fill my soul with heavenly love.

 

Blest Saviour, what delicious fare!

How sweet thine entertainments are!

Never did angels taste above

Redeeming grace and dying love.

 

Hail, great Immanuel, all divine!

In thee thy Father’s glories shine;

Thy glorious name shall be adored,

And every tongue confess thee Lord.



Hymns for the Use of the Methodist Episcopal Church: With Tunes for Congregational Worship (1857, Carlton and Porter, New York).

No comments:

Post a Comment