(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Devotional for Tuesday in Holy Week

  O THOU, whom fain my soul would love,

Whom only I desire to know:

This veil of unbelief remove,

And show me all thy goodness, show;

Tell me thy name, thy nature tell.

 

Hast thou been with me, Lord, so long,

Yet thee, my Lord, have I not known?

I claim thee, with a falt’ring tongue;

I pray thee, O tell me, who thou art,

And speak thy name into my heart.

 

If now thou talkest by the way

With me, the abject sinner, me

mystery of grace display;

Open mine eyes that I may see:

That I may understand thy word.

And now cry out, It is the Lord!




Hymns for the Use of the Methodist Episcopal Church: With Tunes for Congregational Worship (1857, Carlton and Porter, New York).

No comments:

Post a Comment