(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Friday, December 4, 2020

Devotional for December 4

Excerpt from “Obedient and Faithful: A Christmas Story” 
(Where the Wild Things Worship - St. Paul’s Christmas Pageant 2010)

Narrator: And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night….

 

Angel: Go see the baby that has been born for you!

 

Shepherds: No, naw, let’s stay here. I’m comfortable. I’m too full of lamb stew.

 

Narrator: If the shepherds do not spread the word of the Messiah’s birth, how will everyone know that the Savior has come?

 

Trevor the Turtle: I’m not very fast, but I can spread the word.

 

God: Thank you, Trevor! I’m afraid, though, that you will not arrive in time. You have many special gifts, but you are not fast.

 

Trevor: Yes, that’s true. Run, shepherds! You must hurry and see what God has done!

 

Shepherds: Well, it is a miracle, after all. The Christ is born! Let’s go!

No comments:

Post a Comment