(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Friday, December 16, 2022

Devotional for December 16


I only have one nativity set in my house, but it is my very favorite Christmas decoration. This crystal nativity was made by Gorham, and I collected the pieces over the course of probably 20 years. There are many reasons why I love them. Of course, they tell the story of the birth we celebrate on Christmas. But more personally, all but the original Holy Family of Mary, Joseph, and the Baby Jesus were gifts from various members of my family. Brad bought the camel on Ebay about three years ago because Gorham no longer makes them. So each piece was a gift, just as the Three Kings brought gifts to the Christ child. Each year they bring back all the memories of family Christmases past. And the Light that sparkles on and shines through each crystal figure conveys a much-needed sense of hope for all the brokenness in our world. May the Nativity story bring peace to you all this season.

—Suzanne Polacek

 


No comments:

Post a Comment