(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Devotional for December 20

Painting by Pastor Charles

Each of the Wise Men took a gift to present to Jesus. Each gift was different. Each man was different. Yet they were all willing to sacrifice their own comfort to journey in the desert and follow a star in search of something better, something good. They presented gifts to the newborn king. The journey and their presentation of gifts must have been incredibly transformational for each of them. What happened to them after they got home? Surely their lives were never the same again. I wonder if their extravagant generosity to the baby Jesus continued into their future lives. I wonder if they realized that the rest of their lives could be gifts of service to others and to the God they had worshipped. 

When I think of the Wise Men, I think of all those who have sought Jesus and seek him still. Like the Wise Men, I have always considered myself to be a seeker in pursuit of eternal truths and The Eternal One. I have always been mindful that my very life is a gift from God. And I have always believed that what I do with my life is my gift to God. May each of our lives be lived so that they are good gifts to our God, the giver of all good gifts.

—Belinda Alkula 

No comments:

Post a Comment