(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Devotional for December 19


Matthew 7:24 (Jubilee Bible) “Therefore, whosoever hears these words of mine and does them, I will liken him unto a prudent man, who built his house upon the rock.”

 

A rock is stable, strong, dependable, supportive. The closer one looks at a rock, the more beautiful it becomes. This is a perfect analogy for my Jesus, the one I lean on when in need, and the Christ I value more the closer we become to one-another.

   

Some life events are too big to cope with on my own. I’ve been grateful for my Rock with each family death, mass shooting, illness, fire. Jesus grounds me and provides stable, strong, dependable support during and after each of life’s traumas. Leaning on my Rock, I gain the strength and perspective to carry on.

   

There is a special tree stump on the Shanahan Trail right west of St. Paul’s that is filled with heart-shaped rocks. It received new additions after each of Boulder’s recent tragedies, each rock placed there by a passing hiker. It’s a lovely and loving sight, a reminder for all who pass by of Jesus as our loving Rock. Amen. 

 

—Sandra Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment