(Click on the pictures to make them larger)

Friday, December 22, 2023

Devotional for December 22


John 13:13 (The Voice) “You call Me Teacher and Lord, and truly, that is who I am.”

 

Working primarily with children, I found the following partial passages supportive of a career as a teacher: “Train your child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6); “Teach them [scriptures] to your children” (Deuteronomy 11:19); “Let the children come to me” (Matthew 19:13); “Be  sure to pass them [memories] on to your children and grandchildren” ( (Deut. 4:9); and “Repeat them [scriptures] to your children” (Deut. 6:5).


The opportunity to work with the children at St. Paul’s was very rewarding; hence, I have a notebook of almost every children’s sermon I prepared and shared. A few phrases I encountered while collecting the teacher verses broadened my philosophy about being a teacher. 


It is a teacher’s job to 1) teach the basic truths of scripture, 2) interpret and explain the teachings of Jesus, 3) lead and share our knowledge, 4) transform lives, 5) interpret research and studies, and 6) guide and equip people.


The spiritual gift of a teacher is the ability to help people be motivated and guided by the Holy Spirit, enabling them to live effectively in our world. I am blessed our scriptures shared with us the life and work of the greatest teachers, Jesus.
 

 

—Marcia Hult 

No comments:

Post a Comment